Saturday, December 1, 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012
Blackbird Perfume is a product of 6 years of smelling and selling unique and high quality perfumes from brands like Comme des Garcons, Histoires de Parfums and Ulrich Lang. This year we were inspired to create simple, unusual and affordable scents for anyone willing to embrace their individuality. Only $32 (buy them all!)
Watch for more products from Bird, Bath & Beyond.
The exotic scent of incense and wood in this roll-on perfume for men and women portray the Egyptian god of death, Anubis. Don't be afraid to have friends on the other side to guide your way when it is time.
BEWARE! This fragrance is slow to ignite as it starts out smelling only like the alcohol it lives in. As time goes on metal, ocean and amber notes catch fire and cause an explosion of thought provoking scent.
The Wendol Tribe: Vicious Neanderthal savages who live in the image of the bear. Invading villages in the mist donned in bear skins to feed upon human flesh. Smells of dark green saplings, undergrowth and dried aged woods
Revered for centuries in the Middle East as the fragrance worn by kings, Oud is a sacred wood with a scent unlike anything else. Rich, sappy and warm come to mind in our roll-on version Uzayr.
Inspired by a the legendary Japanese dragon that lives in water. Mizuchi is an intense fragrance of amber, tobacco leaves and water.
A subtle, refined amber scent with a hint of pepper, Omra is our most transformative scent as it combines differently with the skin of each wearer. Always warm and striking.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Hello! So as you guys may know, I wear tights a lot. Like at least 3 days a weekduring the winter. So I have a slight problem- what to do when the tights rip? I don’t like to throw anything away so I try to re-fashion the tights into something else as much as possible. Here are some of my favorite things to do with torn or worn tights.
1. Make Christmas ornaments from brightly colored or patterned ripped tights. DIY tutorial to come on that very soon!
2. Did you tear a hole above the knee on the tights? Don’t be too disappointed- just cut the tights into knee-high socks.
3. Create a DIY turban headband from them. They are perfect for DIY turban headbands because they have just the right amount of stretch to them. Just don’t forget to wash them before you start you DIY:). Would anyone like a tutorial for this?
4. I’m sure that you have probably heard of making dog toys from old, worn out socks. Well, you can do the same thing with your old tights. Your trash becomes your dogs’ treasure.
5. Use them to create scent sachets for your sock drawer.
6. Cut the tights up into long, skinny strips. Then braid them together for a braided headband! I have seen this done to old tee shirts on Pinterest and it would be super easy to do with tights also. Not to mention, I have more worn or torn tights lying around than I do tee shirts.
7. Use them as stuffing for craft projects.
8. Cut them up and use them as gentle hair ties. They don’t cause as much strain on your hair as store bought ones do.
What do you guys think? Will you be trying out any of these ideas?
Thanks for the lovely Torri for these tips. Visit her blog bellow: